I have been recently denied insurance coverage due to elevated alkaline phosphastase in my liver, why? - enlarged liver gallstones
I just refuse coverage because of the high levels of alkaline phosphatase in the liver. I am taking medication for high cholesterol (Zocor 40) mg per day. I was on Zocor 6th I take a sensory evaluation of liver lipids in the blood every three months and not say that damage to the liver. As my doctor requested that I lost 50 pounds and am maintaining my desired weight of 175 pounds. I lost weight and maintain my weight through a healthy diet of red meat or fatty foods (no junk food, simple carbohydrates). When asked about the Internet that the disease, said the bile ducts. During an ultrasound 2 years ago has been found that small stones. There is no evidence for or against the withdrawal. I noticed on the Internet of the gallbladder is associated with biliary obstruction. I have an enlarged liver. I do not drink. My paternal grandmother was an enlarged liver and spleen and he died of pancreatic cancer, 83rd I am a man of 53 years.
3 comments:
His alkaline phosphatase may increase by gallstones - is one of the enzymes used for the diagnosis. Liver damage from drugs such as Zocor tends to increase transaminase (ALT, AST) - but not always. You should ask about the enzyme gamma-GT, which also susceptible to bile from stone and total and conjugated bilirubin. The results of these tests give an idea of what happens with your liver.
Calculations of cholesterol (to be made, among other things), then download and keep cholesterol levels low is a good start. Gallstones can be broken with ultrasonic treatment, but often they are surgically removed with the gallbladder. People are surviving very well without a gall bladder healthy with some changes in your diet. Another ultrasound seems on the cards because their gall stones may still be there.
I do not know why the liver needs to be extended, but the questions by e-hepatic obstruction, which may have pressure resistance, which inflame the liver.
Died aged 83 of pancreatic cancer, suggests a heritagePredisposition (but obviously not impossible).
General Information Only your doctor can better advise, after all, he or she sees in person, but I hope this gives you a few questions can be asked.
Good health to you.
Weight loss can be contributed to the development of gallstones.
Zocor may also increase liver enzymes.
Further research is needed because some ultrasound and more tests of liver function.
Is, if you are a woman then the source of the form of ALP frm the bones (osteomalacia and severe osteoporosis) and check that it.
Good luck
Welcome to the club. I refused because I am diabetic. I think insurance companies do not want patients. I know that I lost patience.
Post a Comment